Category: 3rd Grade
Chromebook Parent Training
In third grade at St. Patrick School we take pride in the handling and use of our Chromebooks. We feel blessed to have been given the opportunity through the financial support of our families in the Home School Association and the St. Patrick School Advisory Board to be able to have such great technology to enhance the learning experience.
Safe Handling At School and Home
- Carry with two hands
- Place carefully in middle of desk or work surface
- Easy opening and closing
- Gentle with keyboard and mouse pad
- Turn off properly
- Do not leave on floor or couch
- Do not use other power cords
- Must travel to and from school in the padded case.
- No eating or drinking around the Chromebook
Home Internet Access
- To connect your Chromebook to wifi, click the icon on the lower right,
look for your wifi network in the connections and select it, and type the password for your internet.
- Your child will sign in his/her google chrome account with his/her password.
- All other passwords your child will use are stored in his/her google chrome account.
- Never give out name, age, or location
- Never open an email from a name you do not recognize
- X Rule to close out a screen
- Never share passwords with anyone except your parent or teacher
- Be Christ Like in choices and communication
- School Chromebooks should never access social media.
- Always keep computer in a common area in your house.
- Check your child’s email often.
Uses of Chromebooks
- Writing and Reading
- Creation of documents and presentations
- Drill and Practice
Thank you for supporting our goal of enhancing your child’s education through the integration of technology!
Week of May 20, 2019
The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land.
Song of Solomon 2:12
I have enjoyed my year with your child. Thank you for allowing me to become a part of his/her life. I will continue to pray blessings and strength on you and your family. Enjoy the summer and all it has to offer in warm weather and long days.
Your child will have a Summer Packet of work to do to keep sharp over the summer. Also, remember access to IXL skills in math, language, science, and social studies at all grade levels is available through July. Your child can use this program on any device by logging in with his/her Google Chrome account where all passwords are saved. Feel free to email if you have any questions.
- Please refer to the school Facebook page for announcements/schedule changes from Dr, Scheu.
- Be sure to send a healthy snack with your child and a water bottle each day.
- Secret Word: summer These words written by you in your child’s planner by Tuesday will allow him/her to have a reward.
St. Patrick School Mission Statement
St. Patrick School provides a safe, caring learning environment that fosters individuality, spiritual and physical well-being of all students, and prepares them to live and learn in an ever-changing world.
Third Grade Schedule
- 7:55 – 8:05 Morning Meeting
- 8:05 – 8:15 Morning Work
- 8:15 – 8:30 Prayer and Devotion
- 8:30 – 9:15 Math
- 9:15 – 9:30 Snack/Continue Math
- 9:30 – 11:00 RLA
- 11:00 – 12:00 Lunch/Recess
- 12:00 – 12:30 Differentiation and Relaxation
- 12:30 – 1:30 Special Classes (See Below)
- 1:30 – 2:35 Religion/Science and Social Studies (Alternating Days)
- 2:35 – 2:45 Pack Up and Prayer
- 2:45 – 3:00 Dismissal
Special Classes Schedule
Monday-STREAM Tuesday-PE Wednesday-Art Thursday-PE Friday-Music
Dear Third Grader and Parents,
It is almost time for school to start. I hope you are having a fantastic summer. I am looking forward to having you in class at St. Patrick School this year! I thought you and your parents might be wondering what kind of supplies you will need for third grade. Below is a suggested supply list.
I am so excited to see you on the first day of school, August 20! I hope that you have been reading EVERY day! I will be anxious to hear about all the good books you have discovered this summer! If you have any questions about third grade, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy the last few days of summer! See you soon!
Supply List: You will only need the items listed below. Please keep in mind that student desk storage is limited so following these guidelines will be very beneficial.
pencils 2 highlighters 2 white board markers (your favorite color) one folder (for class work)
*Please write your name on all your supplies.
*Please do not purchase binders as they do not fit in our desks.
*A planner, take-home folder, and supply/pencil bag will be provided for your child.
Optional classroom items that you might like to donate:
tissues paper towels Germ X extra pencils erasers
notebook paper (wide ruled) Lysol Spray extra snacks