Dear Pre-Kindergarten Families,
I hope you are enjoying your summer and all the blessings that come with this beautiful weather. I am writing to give you some important dates for the beginning of the school year and to give you a supply list in case you want to get started on your school shopping. Pre-Kindergarten students are not required to wear uniforms. We just ask that your child wears clothes that are okay to get messy (we will do a lot of art projects and outside play) and closed-toe shoes for playground safety.
August 19 & 21: Home Visits- I will be calling the first week of August to set these up with you. These will be a short visit to give us some one-on-one time with you family to get to know you and discuss needs/goals for the year.
August 30: Pre-Kindergarten Open House at 6pm
September 3- First day of Pre-Kindergarten
1. Glue Sticks- Elmer’s Purple work best
2. One bottle of liquid Elmer’s school glue
3. Water Bottle with your child’s name on it. They will bring this back and forth to school each day to drink throughout the day. We can refill it, as needed.
4. Backpack that will fit a two-pocket folder
Nap mat- the all in one roll-up type work best but a Kinder Mat and blanket are fine, too.
5. 1 24- pack of washable crayons
6. A weather appropriate change of clothes to keep at school. Please put these in a gallon size bag with your child’s name clearly written on the outside
Donation Ideas (these are not required but if you would like to help out our classroom):
1. Clorox wipes
2. Paper towels
3. Hand sanitizer
Please know that if a question is important to you, then it is important to us. I look forward to seeing you and getting to know your families.