Dear Pre-School and Pre-K Families,

This letter is to inform you that a student in your child’s classroom has a severe allergy to peanuts. It is important that there is a strict avoidance of this food in order to prevent a life-threatening allergic reaction. We are asking your help to provide the student with a safe school environment.

Any exposure to peanuts may cause a life-threatening allergic reaction that requires emergency medical treatment. To reduce the chance of this occurring, we are asking that you do not send any peanut or peanut containing products to school with your child. If you child has eaten peanuts before coming to school, please be sure your child’s hands and face have been thoroughly washed before entering the school.

We appreciate your support of these procedures.