Social Studies- President Poster and Oral Presentation
- This week we will be finishing up this project. Students will be given time to complete this is class. I will also provide the poster boards for this project. The students will bring their poster board home on Thursday to practice their oral presentation over the long weekend. The President Poster/Oral Presentation will be Monday February 17th, 2020.
Spelling- There will be NO new spelling words this week!
Reading- TEST THURSDAY FEBRUARY 13th, 2020.
- We will review the story Officer Buckle and Gloria and read Safety At Home.
Grammar- TEST THURSDAY FEBRUARY 13th, 2020.
- We will be learning about Abbreviations and their purpose.
Vocabulary- TEST THURSDAY FEBRUARY 13th, 2020.
- We will be playing some memory and matching games with these vocabulary words as a review since we began work on them last week.
- We will be focusing on practicing cursive handwriting a little more this week.
Math- TENTATIVELY TEST WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 12th, 2020.
- We are beginning to wrap up Chapter 7 and will begin preparing for the test. If you could practice with their flashcards of multiplication facts of 2’s, 5’s, and 10’s that way they are getting a review all around.
Some IMPORTANT information!!!
1.) Valentine Party this Thursday February 13th, 2020 at 1:15-2:30. This will be a party like the Christmas Party. We will do a small classroom party, play some games, and eat a snack provided by ME! A few parents have offered to make a special snack for our class also. If you would like to provide something, please just let me know!
2.) We finished up our second round of MAP Growth Testing last week and they did great (during the test they were mostly respectful of their friends and classmates). The results are not in yet as the website is down. Hopefully it will be back up soon so we can discuss your students growth during Parent/Teacher Conferences.
3.) Parent /Teacher Conferences will be Tuesday February 18th, 2020 from 3-5:30. Please contact Mrs. Frazier if you’d like to set up a meeting!