Last week was Spring Break and I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing, family filled time! BUT now it’s time to get back to WORK!
Social Studies- With your parents help, I would like to give you a few tasks to complete and you must take pictures or you completing these tasks! Task #1 -Make scrambled eggs and toast for your family (do this with an adult!) Task #2 – Wash the dishes! Task #3 – Write a Thank You note to someone who is on the front lines of this COVID-19.
Reading- Gloria: Who Might be my Best Friend pg. 245 (Main Text)
This week I have a couple of fun activities for you!
- Activity #1- Kites- you will need a piece of paper cut into a diamond shape. Fold the diamond in half, then in half again. In the 4 triangles you have created, label them: Characters, Setting, Problem, and Solution. Use ribbon or yarn to give your kite a “tail”. Add paper bows and write important words from the story that you learned. You will fill the characters, setting, problem, solution, and words learned with information from this weeks story. I will send a picture of what it should look like.
- Activity #2- Outdoor Scavenger Hunt! You must find and describe each item on this list using adjectives to help! An adjective, simply put, an adjective is a word you use to describe a person, place, or thing. For example, The QUICK rabbit ran around the BIG yard. Quick and big are adjectives.
- OUTDOOR SCAVENGER HUNT LIST- something pretty, something you think is a treasure, something fuzzy, two kinds of sticks, a rock, a cloud, a tree, a leaf, a flower, and a bug.
Vocabulary- Write a sentence for each word. Be sure to use adjectives when you can!
- heavily- with a lot of power
- guessed- made a prediction about the answer of a question
- planning- thinking about or deciding on something
- copy- to do what someone else is doing
- seriously- in a way that is not joking
- answered- said something to someone as a reply
- knot- the place where two pieces of string have been tied
- lonely- unhappy because you are alone
- complete WORKBOOK pages 98, 101 and 107.
Phonics- Homophones and Idioms
- Complete WORKBOOK pages 97, 99 and 108.
Spelling –Write words 3 times each
– Write a sentence for each word (make sure you know the meaning of each word so your sentences make sense!)
BONUS WORDS- figure out the homophone for each of the bonus words
Math- Chapter 10- MONEY
- Lesson 3- Making Change. Make amounts of money within $20 in different ways. Convert from cents to dollars and cents or from dollars and cents to cents. Read through and discuss TEXTBOOK PAGES 56-59. Complete WORKBOOK PAGES 61-64.
- Lesson 4- Comparing Money. Compare amounts of money within $10. Read through and discuss TEXTBOOK PAGES 60-63. Complete WORKBOOK PAGES 65-68.
- I miss you all so much and I feel like you all, parents included, need a little extra boost right now sooooo….YOU CAN DO THIS!!! YOU MADE THIS FAR, YOU CAN GO FARTHER! KEEP YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME! LOOK UP WHEN YOU NEED GUIDANCE!!!