Social Studies- How to balance a checkbook! You have a total of $100. You spend $30 on groceries, $25 on gas, and $10 to wash your car. You deposit (put money into the bank) $75 for helping your neighbor cut their grass. How much money do you have left in the bank? How to make a phone call! Call someone in your family you haven’t spoken to in a while and see how they are doing. How to set the table! Help your parents set the table one night for dinner.
Reading- From Seed to Plant pg. 349 (Main Text)
– Super Soil pg. 368 (Informational Text)
This week I have a couple of fun activities for you!
- Activity #1- Event Cards- retell the story in pictures on the front of a half piece of paper. On the back of the paper use words to describe what happens in the picture you drew.
- Activity #2- Food Riddle- Choose a food and make a list all its characteristics without telling what the food is. For example,orange- bumpy, round, sweet, juicy. On Thursday night, on Marco Polo, we will take turns to read off our lists and see if we can guess what food each person picked.
Vocabulary- Write a sentence for each word. Make Flashcards.
- grain- tiny particle, like a piece of sand
- pod- a soft shell that holds seeds
- soak- get very wet
- soften- to make soft
- root- part of a plant that is underground and soaks up water
- shoot- part of a young plant that grows straight up from a seed
- tasty- having flavor that tastes good
- nutrition- [art of food that is good for health, like vitamins
Grammar- Irregular Action Verbs
- complete WORKBOOK pages 143, 146
Phonics- Prefixes re-, un-, over-, pre-, mis-. Silent Consonants
- Complete WORKBOOK pages 142, 144
Spelling -Stair Step
– Rainbow Words– write consonants in green and vowels in blue
Math- Chapter 10- MONEY
- Lesson 5- Practice A. Practice counting and comparing amounts of money. Read through and discuss TEXTBOOK PAGES 64-65. Complete WORKBOOK PAGES 69-72.
- Lesson 8- Practice B. Practice adding and subtracting money. Read through and discuss TEXTBOOK PAGES 74-76. Complete WORKBOOK PAGES 81-84.
- I will be sending a few extra questions later in the week, through Marco Polo to your families individually, to help wrap up the chapter on money.
<3 Mrs. Oldaker