Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
This week in Fifth Grade
♥ Reading: We will be finishing our novel, The Hobbit, this week! I know the kids are super excited to see how this book will end.
♥ Spelling Words will be assigned this week.
♥ Math: Students will continue working with Mr. Warn. His email is email@example.com if you have any questions on the curriculum.
♥ Social Studies: We have started our new unit on Westward Expansion and the Lewis and Clark Expedition. I am super excited to teach this unit as I have fun activities planned that correspond with the curriculum, as well as primary source documents for the students to read from Lewis & Clarke’s actual journals! We will be learning about the Oregon Trail, the Louisiana Purchase and the Jefferson Era, Pioneers, Frontier Life, and Manifest Destiny.
♥ Science: We are moving forward into a short unit on space. Afterward, we will begin covering atoms and molecules.
- Class & club pictures were originally scheduled for this past Thursday. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, class and club pictures have been moved to Tuesday, April 7th. Individual spring pictures will be taken Tuesday, April 21st. Students do not have to wear a uniform for this event and may wear their Sunday best.
- Third quarter ended this past Friday. Report cards will be sent home on Wednesday.
- On Friday the 20th, there will be no school.
- Tuesday, March 17th is St. Patrick’s Day. We will celebrate with a small party in class, featuring St. Patrick’s themed food and a virtual tour of Ireland. There will also be all-school mass to celebrate the holiday, the recipient of the St. Joseph’s Award, as well as welcoming his excellency, the Bishop, to our school. Please come and join in all the fun!
- I am currently planning our class field trip to Trans-Allegheny in April! The kids are super excited to go and tour the entire facility. Papers will be sent home in your child’s take home folder over the next few weeks with information on this event. Stay tuned.
- Mr. Hall and I are currently in the works of planning the *big* upper grade field trip. We will be venturing to Pittsburgh in May. Stay turned for information regarding this event, as well!
- Please refer to the school Facebook page for announcements/schedule changes from Dr. Scheu. Especially during the winter months for updates on two hour delays and closings.
- 16 AR points are required for the fourth quarter.
- Remember to send a healthy snack with your child and a water bottle each day.
Please let me know if you have any questions. As always, email or message me at any time. You are always welcome to visit our class!
Love and blessings,
Ms. Sydney Bush
St. Patrick Catholic School provides a safe, caring learning environment that fosters individuality, spiritual and physical well-being of all students, and prepares them to live and learn in an ever-changing world.