Hello! Welcome to December AND Mr. Hall’s favorite time of the year. Throughout the month of December, we will be celebrating the Christmas season with stories, ornament making, and other activities as we celebrate the true meaning of Christmas.
This Week in Fourth Grade
- Math: The next stop in our mathematics curriculum will be division. This week (beginning Tuesday) we will be focusing on division of whole numbers with no remainder.
- Grammar: We will be continuing through punctuation this week with using commas in a list. There will be a quiz this week on ending punctuation, commas, and quotation marks.
- Reading: We will continue working with Cause and Effect this week. If time allows, I will be starting A Christmas Carol.
- History: Our main focus this week will be the history of print through the Renaissance and Johann Gutenberg’s press.
- Science: This week’s unit will focus on the various landforms on the earth. Students will complete a webquest on landforms this week.
- Handwriting: Students will complete two penmanship exercises in their workbooks.
- Religion: Students have a project due on December 6. These were assigned previously. All questions should be directed to Ms. Crimm.
- The schedule for the next two weeks is subject to change as I will be in and out of rehearsals for the Christmas Program as the school’s resident pianist. Your flexibility is greatly appreciated.
- If you would like to come in and read to the class or share some fun activity, please let me know. It would be wonderful to have parent/guardian involvement in the classroom. I can alter our schedule at any time to accommodate for you.
- Please pay attention to the class blog for any important announcements.
- FOOD PANTRY ITEM – Our item for the annual food drive is beans of any kind. Please consider donating to the cause through December 15th.
- TOY AND GLOVE/HAT/MITTEN DRIVE – These are also underway. Donations are accepted in the cafeteria at any time through December 15th.
As always, feel free to contact me at the school or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You are always welcome to stop by and see what your child is up to.
Peace and Blessings,
Note: Teachers involved in the instruction of Mr. Hall’s Fourth Grade class reserve the right to administer a pop quiz, quiz, or test at any time. Continue to read this page for the most current information.
St. Patrick Catholic School provides a safe, caring learning environment that fosters individuality, spiritual and physical well-being of all students, and prepares them to live and learn in an ever-changing world.