THIS WEEK IN FOURTH GRADE
This week’s curriculum will include:
Math: We will be continuing our work on Fractions this week. We will be wrapping up Chapter 6 with a Test on Friday this week. Please begin reviewing with your child. The test is very similar to the work they are doing in the workbook.
Reading: We will spend time with nonfiction texts this week.
Grammar: Subject – Verb agreement will be out central focus this week.
Spelling: Students will receive new words on Tuesday. There will be a Spelling Test on Friday.
History: Continuing through the Protestant Reformation
Handwriting: Students will complete 4 Handwriting exercises this week.
Religion: Ask your child what they are studying in class this week. Ms. Crim will continue to teach this course. You may reach out to her with questions by calling the school at 304.269.5547.
Enrichment Classes: Students will attend STREAM on Monday, Physical Education on Tuesday and Thursday, Art on Wednesday, and Music on Friday.
Homework: Homework will be assigned intermittently this week.
- GRADES: Your child’s grades are up-to-date as of February 17, 2020. Please call me at the school or email me with any questions.
- TESTING PROCEDURE CHANGES: Effective immediately, once a test is scheduled your child will be responsible for taking the test that day (provided they are given notice prior to their absence). Make arrangements to get study materials from the teacher(s) if your child is absent the day before a test. No exceptions will be given to this new procedure.
- SCHOOL CLOSINGS AND DELAYS will be announced using the calling system and Facebook. As I am able, I will post them to the class blog as well.
- COLD AND FLU SEASON is here. Should your child contract the virus of any sort, please do not send them to school for at least 24 hours. Student health and safety is of highest importance. Also, review with your child proper hand washing techniques and how to prevent the spread of germs. I disinfect the classroom at least 3 days a week.
- PLANNERS will be filled out every day this semester. Please be sure to review and sign each night.
- INTENT TO ENROLL FORMS were sent home with your child. Please sign those and return them as soon as possible.
- PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES: Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on Tuesday February 18, 2020 from 3p to 5p. If you would like to meet with me, please contact Ms. Frazier at 304.269.5547.
- FIELD TRIP 2020: We are in the opening stages of planning our Spring Field Trip. As soon as details become available, I will pass those along to you.
- SCIENCE COLLABORATION: We may be doing a collaborative learning experience for our next Science Unit. More details will be available soon.
As always, feel free to contact me at the school or by emailing email@example.com. You are always welcome to stop by and see what your child is up to.
Peace and Blessings,
Note: Teachers involved in the instruction of Mr. Hall’s Fourth Grade class reserve the right to administer a pop quiz, quiz, or test at any time. Continue to read this page for the most current information.
St. Patrick Catholic School provides a safe, caring learning environment that fosters individuality, spiritual and physical well-being of all students, and prepares them to live and learn in an ever-changing world.